What Home-Buyers are Looking For
Thinking about selling your home? Or, maybe you're looking for some sale-friendly renovations that can increase your home's value? Either way, choosing new home fixtures that fit both your personal aesthetic and an average buyer's aesthetic can be challenging. But definitely not impossible. Before you renovate, upgrade or remodel your home take a look at some of this year's most common home features that will be around for a while. If they're not at the top of your list, they may be at the top of some potential buyers' lists. Get the most return on your investment with home renovations and see how your home can be designed to sell.
7 Popular Home Features for 2017
1. Quartz Countertops – For many years, homeowners were investing in marble and granite countertops for their kitchen renovation projects. But today, homeowners are using a more durable material and longer lasting material. Quartz countertops are now more popular than ever. So, if you’ve held out on renovating now’s the time to invest in a popular material that will last.
2. Soaking Tubs – First it was the stand-alone tub, and now it’s the soaking tub. Either way, any stand-alone tub will be seen as a bonus feature of a master bathroom. But, most homeowners today are looking for modern, luxurious bathrooms. Which is why soaking tubs are making their way into the home as a modern twist to an upgraded bathroom.
3. Hardwood Floors – Wall-to-wall carpeting is a no-go for current home-buyers. Low-maintenance and sleek flooring is near the top of a lot of buyers’ lists. They’re easier to clean, last longer and are more family friendly than carpeting. If you’re thinking about adding hardwood floors to your home, consider adding it the main areas of the home like the living and dining room while leaving the bedrooms carpeted. This will create a modern look without breaking the bank.
4. White Cabinetry – Gone are the days of dark, rich wood cabinets. Today’s home-buyers are looking for sleek, modern looking homes. One of the best ways you can accommodate and create this look is through the use of white cabinets. Perfect for any kitchen or bathroom, especially ones lacking sunlight, this modern design can brighten up even the darkest room.
5. Subway Tile – For the last few years, basket weave tile has been slowly fading into the background and subway tile looks like it’s here to stay. Not only is it a classic, clean look but it’s also extremely versatile. You can’t go wrong adding this tile to your bathrooms and as a backsplash when renovating as it’ll make your home easier to sell when the time comes to move.
6. Bay Windows – Believe it or not, bay windows are currently more popular than floor-to-ceiling windows. A rare find in newly constructed homes, this classic architectural addition is making a comeback on buyers’ want lists. If you’re lucky enough to have one in your home, make sure it’s in tip-top condition before you sell and take advantage of the competitive edge this feature offers.
7. Gas Stoves – In comparison to electric stoves, gas stoves are usually the top pick among home-buyers. Not only are they more cost-effective than electric stoves, but they’re also easier to cook with as they provide a more accurate heating level. And with upgraded kitchens being one of the higher sales points for a home-buyer, the right style of kitchen appliances still counts in making a good impression.
Buying and Selling in Orange County
After all the upgrades are done and it’s time to move, you’ll want to work with one of the best real estate agent’s in Orange County, and the #1 individual agent in Ladera Ranch. With more than 18 years of successful sales, I can help you get the best offer on your home. Now’s the time to take advantage of the seller’s market throughout Orange County. Contact me today to learn more and get started with the listing process.
Photo Source: Active Listing - 1 Grevillea Ct. Ladera Ranch, CA