Deck the Halls of Your Ladera Ranch Home
When you decorate your Ladera Ranch home for the holidays, it’s a time for you to showcase your style and home décor savvy. But some people are more gifted than others when it comes to decorating. Don’t let that discourage you. Decorating for the holidays can be as elaborate or as simple as you decide. From a simple, natural approach to an elegant one, here are tips and inspiration for decorating your Ladera Ranch home for the holidays.
5 Holiday Decoration Tips for Your Ladera Ranch Home
1. Work with Your Traditional Decor – When it comes to decorating for the holidays sometimes the easiest solution is the best solution. Use the existing color schemes in your home when you’re choosing an accent color for the holidays. Add greenery and matching ball ornaments to your mantle or table runner to add a holiday touch to your home.
2. Set the Table with Holiday Tableware – One must-do for the holidays is bringing out the festive holiday tableware. If you have red and white china that’s been sitting in your cupboard all year, use it. If you have a collection of reindeer glasses and napkins, bring them out! Now is the time to bring holiday cheer into your home, one table setting at a time.
3. Don't Forget the Lights – The holidays aren’t the holidays without some festive lights. If you have a yard, decorate it with lights. But don’t just hang them along the edge of your roof like everyone else. Try deviating from the norm and light up your landscaping instead. That bench that’s on your porch and that bird fountain sitting in the garden are perfect places for illumination. Since we live in warmer temperatures, you can decorate your backyard with lights, making it perfect for outdoor holiday entertainment. You may want to have a heating lamp on hand though as Ladera Ranch nights still get chilly.
4. Replace Candlesticks – Candles are a staple in many homes. One easy way to decorate your Ladera Ranch home for the holidays is to switch the candle sticks from everyday colors to match your holiday theme. Using a similar theme throughout your home and matching the candlesticks to your festive place settings and tableware is a great way to tie your holiday decoration together.
5. Rule of 3 – If you want to add holiday accents to your home, a good rule to keep in mind is the rule of 3. Use three items, for instance a poinsettia, a pinecone and a present, and group them together in a specific area. It can be a shelf or an entryway, or even a coffee table. Things look good in odd numbers, and three is a simple number. If you’re feeling fancy, you can increase that number and make more elaborate decorations.
List Your Ladera Ranch Home During the Holiday
The holidays may be hectic, but it’s still a good time to list your home. Buyers are motivated to close before the year ends and there is less competition. If you want to be successful in this market, you need an experienced realtor on your team. With more than 18 years working in the Ladera Ranch community, I know the ins and outs of the area and experience with navigating the market. Contact me today to list your Ladera Ranch home.
- M: 949.285.3215